The modern secular conception of freedom is synonymous with anarchy towards ALL LAW. Keller says:
“Real freedom comes from a strategic loss of some freedoms to strategically gain other freedoms.”
This sermon proves that:
- There are different types of freedoms.
- Freedom is not absolute, but relative to the circumstances we find ourselves in.
- Committed and/or covenental relationships such as marriage and Christianity are not slavery, but maximize our freedom.
- Those who are NOT Christians or who do not honor and obey God’s word or respect it as law will be slaves and can never be free.
- Freedom is not synonymous with anarchy.
- Christianity is not a threat to your freedom even though it requires obedience to a system of laws.