This talk by Robert Godfrey explains why people visiting our site sometimes resist learning our materials. The subject of this site is sovereignty EDUCATION and defense.
The main point of his talk is that:
- Our society is distorted and corrupted because there is an overemphasis on doing combined with a strong sense of “anti-intellectualism”.
- There needs to be better balance between LEARNING and DOING.
- Wisdom is more important than knowledge, but knowledge is still VERY important.
- Wisdom comes from studying the Bible. See the book of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, which are our favorite books. By “wisdom”, we don’t mean WORLDLY wisdom, but GODLY wisdom.
Heavenly Versus Demonic Wisdom
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
[James 3:13-18, Bible, NKJV; SOURCE: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+3&version=NKJV]
- The main reason people in the church hesitate to learn or study is because they misquote and misunderstand scripture, which explains WHY they should do more studying and less DOING.The following scripture is our favorite source of inspiration on the subject of the need to really STUDY:
“Be diligent to [investigate and expose the truth for yourself and thereby] present yourself [and the public servants who are your fiduciaries and stewards under the Constitution] approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word [and the deeds] of truth. But shun profane babblings [government propaganda, tyranny, and usurpation] for they will increase to more ungodliness. And their message [and their harmful affects] will spread like cancer [to destroy our society and great Republic].”
[2 Tim. 2:15-17, Bible, NKJV]