The following commandments from the Holy Bible describe the relationship that God requires believers to have in relation to secular governments or those who do not treat the Bible as a law book (Form #13.001) and therefore are not Christ followers.
“I [God] brought you up from Egypt [government slavery to a civil ruler who claimed to be a deity] and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. And you shall make no covenant [contract or franchise or agreement of ANY kind] with the inhabitants of this [corrupt pagan] land; you shall tear down their [man/government worshipping socialist] altars.‘ But you have not obeyed Me. Why have you done this?
“Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they will become as thorns [terrorists and persecutors] in your side and their gods will be a snare [slavery!] to you.'”
So it was, when the Angel of the LORD spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept.
[Judges 2:1-4, Bible, NKJV]
“Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend [“citizen”, “resident”, “taxpayer”, “inhabitant”, or “subject” under a king or political ruler] of the world [or any man-made kingdom other than God’s Kingdom] makes himself an enemy of God. ”
[James 4:4, Bible, NKJV]
“You shall make no covenant [contract or franchise] with them [foreigners, pagans], nor with their [pagan government] gods [laws or judges]. They shall not dwell in your land [and you shall not dwell in theirs by becoming a “resident” in the process of contracting with them], lest they make you sin against Me [God]. For if you serve their gods [under contract or agreement or franchise], it will surely be a snare to you.”
[Exodus 23:32-33, Bible, NKJV]
“Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world [the obligations and concerns of the world]. ”
[James 1:27, Bible, NKJV]
“Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel [the priest in a Theocracy] at Ramah, and said to him, ‘Look, you [the priest within a theocracy] are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king [or political ruler] to judge us like all the nations [and be OVER them]’.
“But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, ‘Give us a king [or political ruler] to judge us.’ So Samuel prayed to the Lord. And the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have rejected Me [God], that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt, even to this day—with which they have forsaken Me [God as their ONLY King, Lawgiver, and Judge] and served other gods—so they are doing to you also [government or political rulers becoming the object of idolatry].”
[1 Sam. 8:4-8, Bible, NKJV]
“Do not walk in the statutes of your fathers [the heathens], nor observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their [pagan government] idols. I am the LORD your God: Walk in My statutes, keep My judgments, and do them; hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.”
[Ezekial 20:10-20, Bible, NKJV]
“Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the LORD?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the Word [and Law] of the LORD,
He also has rejected you from being king [and sovereign over your government and your public servants].”
[1 Sam. 15:22-23, Bible, NKJV]
“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.”
[Heb. 8:10, Bible, NKJV]
“Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law [man’s law] through the body of Christ [by shifting your legal domicile to the God’s Kingdom], that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit [as agents, fiduciaries, and trustees] to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit [and newness of the law, God’s law] and not in the oldness of the letter.”
[Rom. 7:4-6, Bible, NKJV]
“The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations [and peoples] that forget [or disobey] God [or His commandments].”
[Psalm 9:17, Bible, NKJV]
“Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven [INSTEAD of citizens of earth. You can only be a citizen of ONE place at a time because you can only have a domicile in one place at a time], conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News.”
[Philippians 1:27, Bible, NLT]
“And when you saw that Nahash king of the Ammonites came against you, you said to me, ‘No, but a king shall reign over us,’ when the Lord your God was your king. [. . .]
And all the people said to Samuel, “Pray for your servants to the Lord your God, that we may not die; for we have added to all our sins the evil of asking a king [or political ruler above us] for ourselves.”
[1 Sam. 12:12, 19, Bible, NKJV]
“Shall the throne of iniquity [the U.S. Congress and the federal judiciary], which devises evil by [obfuscating the] law [to expand their jurisdiction and consolidate all economic power in their hands by taking it away from the states], have fellowship with You? They gather together against the life of the righteous, and condemn innocent blood [of “nontaxpayers” and persons outside their jurisdiction, which is an act of extortion and racketeering]. But the Lord has been my defense, and my God the rock of my refuge. He has brought on them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; the Lord our God [and those who obey Him and His word] shall cut them off [from power and from receiving illegal bribes cleverly disguised by an obfuscated law as legitimate “taxes“].”
[Psalm 94:20-23, Bible, NKJV. QUESTION FOR DOUBTERS: Who else BUT Congress and the judiciary can devise “evil by law”?]
“Come out from among them [the unbelievers and government idolaters]
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch [or contract with] what is unclean,
And I will receive you.
I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be my sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”
[2 Corinthians 6:17-18, Bible, NKJV]
“Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: ‘The Lord knows those who are His,’ and, ‘Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from [not associate with or subsidize] wickedness [wherever it is found, and especially in government].‘ ”
[2 Tim. 2:19, Bible, NKJV]
And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth [SOVEREIGN!]:
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
The LORD shall establish thee an holy [sanctified] people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath [SOVEREIGN!]; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other [government/political] gods to serve them.
[Deut. 28:1-14, Bible, NKJV]
See also Psalm 101:1-8.
If you would like an exhaustive description of requirements that God places upon Christians in relating to the world, see:
- About Us Page, Section 10: Relationship to Government
- Family Constitution, Form #13.003, Chapter 7: Relation to Governments and the World (OFFSITE LINK) -Family Guardian Fellowship. From Family Constitution, Form #13.003.
- Government Corruption, Form #11.401 – corruption that violates both God’s laws and/or man’s laws and which believers and this ministry therefore have a DUTY to fight.
- Pastor David Jeremiah on “Separation between Church and State”: The Church in Satan’s City -SEDM
- God commands us to be aliens and foreigners and therefore nonresidents to the world, Sermon 8,8
- Overcoming the World: 2014 National Conference (OFFSITE LINK) -Ligonier Ministries. How to be in the world but not of the world and to live a separate and sanctified life
- “Kingdom of Heaven” defined in scripture, SEDM Exhibit #01.014
- President Obama Admits People of Faith are foreigners and strangers in their own society
- President Obama Admits that Christian Churches are the Foundation of Justice and Liberty for All
- Laws of the Bible, Form #13.001-these biblical laws supersede all man made laws. If they are violated by obeying government, we must disassociate with government and become a nonresident.
- Non-Resident Non-Person Position, Form #05.020 – how, from a biblical and legal and practical perspective, believers can remain “foreigners and strangers” in their own society
- Delegation of Authority Order from God to Christians, Form #13.007
- Policy Document: Corruption Within Modern Christianity, Form #08.012
- The Crisis of Church Incorporation, Form #13.017-why churches cannot seek government privileges or recognition.
- Why Domicile and Becoming a “Taxpayer” Require Your Consent, Form #05.002-why believers cannot become statutory citizens, residents, or taxpayers, or any other franchise status and if they do, they are committing paganism.
- Biblical Standards for Civil Rulers, Form #13.013-how believers should engage the world in the political sphere.
- Should Christians Always Obey the State?, Form #13.014-when God says believers must disobey the state/government.
- Ten Commandments of Freedom, Form #13.016 – how God commands Christians to interact with the world. The result is freedom. Derived from the bible ten commandments.
- What Pastors and Clergy Need to Know About Government and Taxation, Form #12.006, Liberty University, Item #4.1
- Ancient Essenes, Fascinating Stuff (OFFSITE LINK) -Youtube
- The Nazarean Way (OFFSITE LINK) -Essene references. Essenes were the origin of Jesus
- Essene.com (OFFSITE LINK) -background on Essenes
- Message to the Voting Cattle (OFFSITE LINK) -Larken Rose
- We Are the Church (OFFSITE LINK)
- Cultural Transformation (OFFSITE LINK) -Tim Keller
- Humble Cultural Engagement (OFFSITE LINK) – Tim Keller
- Laboring for a God Who Fights for Us -Tim Keller
- Jeremiah 29 – A letter written by the prophet Jeremiah to Israelites who had been carried away captive to Babylon. Very instructive on how to live in a corrupted culture. Our culture is a modern day Babylon
- The Rare Attribute-Perfecting Holiness in the Fear of God (OFFSITE LINK) -Nike Insights
- Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? (OFFSITE LINK) -Nike Insights
- A Nation Under God (OFFSITE LINK) -John Macarthur, Grace to You