(…and finding answers BEFORE you ask them so you don’t have to ask them)
|TABLE OF CONTENTS:
“For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. ”
[Hebrews 6:10, Bible, NKJV]
“The hand of the diligent will rule [be SOVEREIGN], but the lazy [or irresponsible] man will be put to forced labor. ”
[Prov. 12:24, Bible, NKJV]
“Liberty means responsibility. That’s why most men dread it.”
[George Bernard Shaw]
“Freedom, liberty, and sovereignty are NOT spectator sports.”
“The price of freedom is eternal vigilance on EVERYONE’S part, not just OUR part.”
“You can only DESERVE or have a RIGHT to that which you are willing to GIVE and to EARN. That’s a corollary to The Golden Rule in Matt. 7:12: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is also a restatement of the requirement for equal protection and equal treatment that is the foundation of American jurisprudence.”
“A person dependent on somebody else for everything from potatoes to opinions may declare that he is a free [SOVEREIGN] man, and his government may issue a certificate granting him his freedom, but he will not be free. … How can he be free if he can do nothing for himself? … Men are free precisely to the extent that they are equal to their own needs. The most able [and the most contented with the lowest needs per 1 Tim. 6:6] are the most free.”
[Wendell Berry, “Discipline and Hope” in A Continuous Harmony (1972), p. 124]
“It is good for a man to bear [experience the consequences of] the yoke [ignorance and inexperience] in his youth.”
[Lamentations 3:27, Bible, NKJV]
“Some people do not want true liberty. They want kinder masters and a more comfortable cage on the government slave plantation.”
Patriot v. Liberal (NO liberals allowed)
The only weapon that a corrupted government has to enslave people, short of pulling out the guns, is lies, deceit, propaganda, and the abuse of words of art. These tactics are thoroughly documented in:
Those who seek liberation from such criminal abuses must learn to use their tongue just as skillfully and carefully as their corrupted and stealthful government oppressors. There is a reason that lawyers are referred to as “silver tongue devils”: Because they work EVIL with their mouth and their unconstitutional and prejudicial presumptions. These presumptions, in fact, are the basis for an UNCONSTITUTIONAL state-sponsored civil religion and serve as a substitute for religious “faith”.
“The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, but the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.”
[Prov. 15:2, Bible, NKJV]
“A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.”
[Prov. 15:4, Bible, NKJV]
“Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.”
[Prov. 21:23, Bible, NKJV]
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
[Prov. 18:21, Bible, NKJV]
“An evildoer gives heed to false lips; A liar listens eagerly to a spiteful tongue.”
[Prov. 17:4, Bible, NKJV]
Our ministry therefore observes very stringent constraints relating to all its communications with its officers and Members and other third parties. If you either attempt to contact us to ask a question using our Contact Us page or intend to post a question you may have to our Member Forums, you are required to strictly observe these guidelines or:
- Your offending post to the Member Forums may be flagged as a violation and eventually deleted. Before we delete it, you will be asked to repost or resubmit your question rephrased to comply with this page.
- Your offending question may go ignored or rejected if it was submitted through our Contact Us page.
- You may be regarded as a careless, reckless, and presumptuous person who ultimately will be victimized by their sin and who therefore will bring reproach upon us by carelessly or presumptuously using our materials in violation of the Member Agreement protecting them. Hence, we will distance ourselves from you because of the harm or blame you will inevitably bring to us for your own self-inflicted and predictable failures and omissions.
The purpose for these guidelines is to avoid and prevent the following violations of either God’s law or man’s law:
- Turning people away or alienating them from learning or studying the truth. This makes their prayers and their faith an abomination per Prov. 28:9. People who ask questions that have already been answered by content on this site instead of finding the existing answer needlessly enlarge a site that is already too big and too complex. This leads to further complaints about the size and complexity of the site that discourages people from studying our materials.
“One who turns his ear from hearing the law [PDF God’s law or man’s law], even his prayer is an abomination.”
[Prov. 28:9, Bible, NKJV]
- Holding us to a higher standard than the government itself. Their rules prohibit anyone relying on anything they say or write other than positive law itself, so we must do the same thing in order to be on an equal playing field. See our Disclaimer and the following for details:
Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability, Form #05.007
- Undermining your sovereignty. The purpose of this website is to make you entirely sovereign, independent, and self governing in as many respects as possible. You can’t be sovereign and let someone else run, or even suggest how to run, your life, nor can you or should you trust or rely on any person, ministry, or statement of any third party. We are a society of law, not men, so you shouldn’t rely on men or any creation of men. The only thing you can or should rely on is legally admissible evidence published by the government and POSITIVE law which you are subject to in making a decision about what to do. This is covered both in our member agreement and also in the following document:
Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability, Form #05.007
- Violating any part of our Member Agreement, Form #01.001.
- Creating the appearance that we intend to violate any law or conspire with anyone else in doing so and thereby make us the unjust and undeserving subject of a criminal investigation or enforcement activity.
- Encouraging false presumptions by law enforcement personnel about the nature of our ministry, our members, or our activities. See:
Presumption: Chief Weapon for Unlawfully Enlarging Federal Jurisdiction, Form #05.017
- Misunderstandings and illegal and unconstitutional enforcement caused by abuse of “words of art”. See the following for details:
Rules of Presumption and Statutory Interpretation, Form #01.006
- Giving anyone the opportunity or excuse to blame us for their choices or actions or the consequences of their choices and actions. We are not an insurance company and we will not accept responsibility for anyone else, for ANY amount of money. See Prov. 6:1-5, Prov. 11:15, Prov. 17:18, and Prov. 22:26.
- Rewarding or encouraging laziness and irresponsibility, which are the opposite of being sovereign and which violate God’s laws. See Prov. 6:1-5, and Prov. 12:24.
- Breaches of the privacy of officers of this ministry which might make us vulnerable to political or legal persecution by public servants whose illegal and/or criminal deeds are exposed by information available through our ministry. Matt. 6:3.
If you want to find out what happens to people who violate any of the above, visit the following links. We have no desire to imitate the fate of any of the people described in the following links.
- Persecution of Tax Honesty Advocates: http://famguardian.org/PublishedAuthors/Govt/TaxHonestyPersecution/TaxHonPersec.htm (OFFSITE LINK).
- Who’s Who in the Freedom Community, Form #08.009.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Press Releases: http://www.justice.gov/tax/TEN.htm (OFFSITE LINK). A lot of what is said here is LIES and propaganda. For a rebuttal, see Liberty University, Section 8.
We also caution readers and members that the rules for interpreting the meaning of words and statements within our forums, communications with us, or our forms/publications/litigation tools shall be those that appear in the following resources available on this site:
- Disclaimer, Section 4
- Tax Form Attachment, Form #04.201, Section 4
- Legal Notice of Change in Domicile/Citizenship Records and Divorce from the United States, Form #10.001, Section 8.6.1 and following
Even if you follow the protocol for asking questions documented herein, and successfully get your questions answered and/or your problems addressed, be advised that our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 says that you agree to take complete, exclusive, and personal responsibility for all of your actions and choices and that you aren’t allowed to believe or trust anything that anyone, including either us or those in government, says. Instead, it says that you can ONLY rely upon your own reading of the law itself as a reasonable basis for your belief. This is also covered in our memorandum of law Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability, Form #05.007, which you should read. It is a biblical sin to rely on either a man or anything other than God and your own reading of His law and man’s law.
“Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man [we are a man], and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.”
[Jeremiah 17:5, Bible, KJV]
“That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.“
[1 Corinthians 2:5, Bible, KJV]
“It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in princes [or political rulers, who are but “men”].”
[Psalm 118:8-9, Bible, NKJV]
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding [because YOU are a “man”]. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He [RATHER THAN THE winds of political opinion] shall direct your paths. ”
[Proverbs 3:5, Bible, NKJV]
“The Moloch [socialist] state simply represents the supreme effort of man to command [or PREDICT] the future, to predestine the world, and to be as God [which was Lucifer’s original sin]. Lesser efforts, divination, spirit-questing, magic, and witchcraft, are equally anathema to God. All represent efforts to have the future on other than God’s terms, to have a future apart from and in defiance of God. They are assertions that the world is not of God but of brute factuality, and that man can somehow master the world and the future by going directly to the raw materials thereof. Thus King Saul outwardly conformed to God’s law by abolishing all black arts, but, when faced with a crisis, he turned to the witch of Endor (I Sam. 28). Saul knew where he stood with God: in rebellion and unrepentant. Saul knew moreover the judgment of the law and of the prophet Samuel concerning him (I Sam. 15:10-35). Samuel alive had declared God’s future to Saul. In going to the witch of Endor, Saul attempted to reach Samuel dead, in the faith and hope that Samuel dead was now in touch with and informed concerning a world of brute factuality outside of God which could offer Saul a God-free, law-free future. But the word from the grave only underscored God’s law-word (I Sam. 28:15-19): it was the word of judgment.“
[The Institutes of Biblical Law, Rousas Rushdoony, 1973, p. 35]
We summarize the above with the following proverb of our own:
“Listen to everyone but trust no one.”
If you want sovereignty and the ability to be self-governing, then you must take exclusive and personal responsibility for all your choices and actions. Sovereignty begins with personal responsibility. ALL RIGHTS and ALL sovereignty come from responsibilities to a higher power, and that higher power is God and not any vain man or government.
“Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the LORD [and the people in the Constitution]?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
For rebellion [of either the Constitution or the Bible] is as the sin of witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word [and laws] of the [sovereign] LORD [or “We the People” in the Constitution],
He also has rejected you from being king [and a sovereign over your government as a private citizen, or a public servant].“
[1 Sam. 15:22-23, Bible, NKJV]
Therefore, if you are harmed because you didn’t do all your homework or didn’t read all the relevant laws or more usually, because the government didn’t follow the law, then you are not allowed to blame us or transfer responsibility to us for that consequence. It is human nature to try to blame or transfer responsibility to anyone but you for your own choices, but our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 says you aren’t allowed to victimize us in that way. This tendency is thoroughly described in the article below:
|The Unlimited Liability Universe, Family Guardian Fellowship (OFFSITE LINK)
- Questions should not be submitted to our Contact Us page unless they meet the strict criteria for use of the Contact Us page found at:
Important Notice to All Who Communicate with SEDM Via Phone, Email, or This Page
- The ONLY place Basic Member questions should be posted is the Member Forums.
- Questions should NOT be posted to your personal profile as a public or private message. If you violate this requirement, we will delete the public or private message and send you a notice.
- Questions should not be posed as a Comment (under Participate->Site Activity) to anything on the site. Rather, they should only be posed as an ORIGINAL topic or reply to an original topic in the Member Forums.
- There are many reasons for this policy on where to ask questions. The reason for this policy is that when you violate it:
6.1 You make the questions and answers difficult to find.
6.2 You encourage people to ask the same question over and over because they don’t already see the answer.
6.3 You create way too much extra work for us in needlessly answering the same question over and over.
It’s a source of great concern to us that such a large percentage of people come here and the first and most pressing concern upon their first contact with us or first post in the Member Forums is:
- Not whether what we teach is “lawful” as they can verify for themselves by studying the massive database of supporting evidence.
- But rather. . . .
2.1 How much financial “benefit” they personally can get out of it.
2.2 How much cost or responsibility they can avoid.
The above observations also seem to explain why many Americans are more interested in getting “opinions” about the effectiveness of our materials from others that DON’T even constitute legally admissible evidence than in actually reading the laws (that ARE legal evidence) that are behind it. Such an approach betrays that they narcissistically think:
- We are a society of men rather than law, and that men rather than law is the only thing that matters, even though the U.S.Supreme Court said exactly the opposite in Marbury v. Madison.
- Political correctness or following “the collective” is more important than what the law actually says. Click here for details.
- COLLECTIVE/PUBLIC rights supersede INDIVIDUAL/PRIVATE rights. This is the heart of humanism that worships men or creations of men instead of god.
- Worshipping (paying “tithes”, or tribute, or serving or supporting) Caesar is more important than worshipping God and obeying God’s laws. The Bible says you aren’t allowed to have an earthly king or anyone ABOVE you. 1 Sam. 8, Mark 10:43.
- Fear is a greater motivation than love. The Bible disagrees on this in 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16-18.
The above motivations are the motivations of animals, not civilized humans. Animals only think about maximizing pleasure and minimizing pain. Are you an animal or a civilized human who works for a greater good than merely self? The following educational video describes the SUPREME FAILURE of this type of thinking:
Which One Are You: Idealogue or Pragmatist?-Prager University
The greatest period of failure documented in the Bible book of Judges consisted entirely of people doing only what “was right in their own eyes” or what “feels good”. Here is what our Bible (the Open Bible) says on this subject:
The Book of Judges stands in stark contrast to Joshua. In Joshua an obedient people conquered the land through trust in the power of God. In Judges, however, a disobedient and idolatrous people are defeated time and time again because of their rebellion against God.
In seven distinct cycles of sin to salvation, Judges shows how Israel had set aside God’s law and in its place substituted “what was right in his own eyes” (21:25). The recurring result of abandonment from God’s law is corruption from within and oppression from without. During the nearly four centuries spanned by this book, God raises up military champions to throw off the yoke of bondage and to restore the nation to pure worship. But all too soon the “sin cycle” begins again as the nation’s spiritual temperance grows steadily colder.
The Book of Judges could also appropriately be titled “The Book of Failure.”
Deterioration (1:1-3:4). Judges begins with short-lived military successes after Joshua’s death, but quickly turns to the repeated failure of all the tribes to drive out their enemies. The people feel the lack of a unified central leader, but the primary reasons for their failure are a lack of faith in God and lack of obedience to Him (2:1-2). Compromise leads to conflict and chaos. Israel does not drive out the inhabitants (1:21, 27, 29, 30); instead of removing the moral cancer [IRS, Federal Reserve?] spread by the inhabitants of Canaan, they contract the disease. The Canaanite gods [money, sex, covetousness] literally become a snare to them (2:3). Judges 2:11-23 is a microcosm of the pattern found in Judges 3-16.
Deliverance (3:5-16:31). In verses 3:5 through 16:31 of the Book of Judges, seven apostasies (fallings away from God) are described, seven servitudes, and seven deliverances. Each of the seven cycles has five steps: sin, servitude, supplication, salvation, and silence. These also can be described by the words rebellion, retribution, repentance, restoration, and rest. The seven cycles connect together as a descending spiral of sin (2:19). Israel vacillates between obedience and apostasy as the people continually fail to learn from their mistakes. Apostasy grows, but the rebellion is not continual. The times of rest and peace are longer than the times of bondage. The monotony of Israel’s sins can be contrasted with the creativity of God’s methods of deliverance.
Depravity (17:1-21:25). Judges 17:1 through 21:25 illustrate (1) religious apostasy (17 and 18) and (2) social and moral depravity (19-21) during the period of the judges. Chapters 19-21 contain one of the worst tales of degradation in the Bible. Judges closes with a key to understanding the period: “everyone did what was right in his own eyes” (21:25) [a.k.a. “what FEELS good”]. The people are not doing what is wrong in their own eyes, but what is “evil in the sight of the Lord” (2:11).
[The Open Bible, New King James Version, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Copyright 1997, pp. 340-341]
The above passage is why this ministry defines God as the only “customer”. The above problem of unbiblical motivations of people who request our services is a great concern because it seems to indicate that their motivations are out of fear and selfishness, rather than the love for our neighbor that is the foundation of following God’s law.
“Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law…
[Matthew 22:36-40, Bible, NKJV]
The source of law in any society is ALWAYS the god of that society. The only way to avoid idolatry is therefore to recognize God as the ONLY source of law. See:
|Why All Man-Made Law is Religious in Nature, Family Guardian Fellowship
If you make yourself into “the source of law” by doing “what is right in your own eyes”, you become the false pagan god being worshipped. You also fire God as your protector, thus bringing damnation upon yourself by removing the protection of God’s holy laws from your life. This is what the Bible means when it says that God “hides his face”, in fact. God is LAW. That is why the Bible says on this subject:
“For the Lord is our Judge,
The Lord is our Lawgiver,
The Lord is our King;
He will save us”
[Isaiah 33:22, Bible, NKJV]
What makes the Lord our KING is that He is our ONLY “lawgiver”, which implies that NEITHER Caesar NOR us personally can be our lawgiver, at least from a civil perspective. This very approach was taken by the Israelites and is documented in Esther chapters 3 through 6.
Then Haman said to King Ahasuerus, “There is a certain people scattered and dispersed among the people in all the provinces of your kingdom; their laws are different from all other people’s, and they do not keep the king’s laws. Therefore it is not fitting for the king to let them remain. If it pleases the king, let a decree be written that they be destroyed, and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver into the hands of those who do the work, to bring it into the king’s treasuries.”
[Esther 3:8, Bible, NKJV]
The following pastor even makes it his motto to start every speech with: “I will have NO KING, but KING JESUS.”
Pastor Garrett Lear, the Patriot Pastor
To make things even worse, you have atheist anarchists like Larken Rose idiotically telling people that you’re a fool and an idiot if you DON’T do “what is right in your own eyes”! This does nothing but further corrupt society.
|Limits=Freedom, Larken Rose
These types of motivations for so many Americans may explain how the system became so corrupted to begin with and why it will continue to get MUCH worse until people change their thinking and more importantly their motivational priorities. The corruption of these priorities, in fact, is what the following minister of the gospel calls “idolatry” and the thing being narcissistically “worshipped” is “self”:
|Counterfeit Gods, Pastor Tim Keller
“Enlightened self-interest” may be the foundation of capitalism and of Ayn Rand’s brand of “objectivism”, but it has no place in a legal field whose main purpose ought to be to protect EVERYONE EQUALLY rather than benefit only or primarily SELF. When that kind of narcissism invades our motivations for remedy in the legal field, corruption inevitably results on the scale we are now seeing. We believe this is the fatal flaw in Rand’s philosophy, in fact. That corruption is documented in:
|Government Corruption, Form #11.401|
Jesus Himself explained why self-interest in the context of the moral and legal issues we fight cannot be a proper sole motivation. We are only righteous when we seek the Father’s will rather than our own will or desire in the context of justice:
“My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.”
[John 5:30, Bible, NKJV]
“For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”
[John 6:38, Bible, NKJV]
We have met the enemy and it is us. The sinful habits of man are man’s worst enemy. The following sermon by a Christian preacher describes why selfishness DESTROYS spirituality:
Follow Me, Part 8: Spiritually Disoriented -Newbreak.org
Lastly, here is the blessing that God promises to all those who pursue the justice we seek with the unselfish motive of helping and protecting everyone BUT themself.
“Because you [Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived] have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice, behold, I [God] have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you. And I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days. So if you walk in My [God’s] ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days.”
[1 Kings 3:11-14, Bible, NKJV]
Our Member Forums and our Contact Us page are intended as a LAST RESORT only for use by Members in finding a solution to your question or problem. If you are NOT a Member, you may not use these resources to post questions or contact us for help. Basic Membership is free by simply signing the Member Agreement, Form #01.001 and emailing it to us as indicated at the bottom of the agreement itself.
Any good lawyer will tell you that you should NEVER ask a question that you don’t already know the answer to in advance. By insisting that you exercise due diligence in answering your own question BEFORE you ask it of us, we are:
- Getting you in the habit of being able to not only answer your own questions, but anticipate and prepare for and prosecute DISHONEST responses from the government.
- Preventing those with any of the following motivations from consuming our valuable and limited resources and time:
2.1 Seeking not information, but someone to blame so they can evade responsibility.
2.3 Humanistic fear rather than the perfect love of God.
2.4 Scoffers who only want to denigrate or injure us, rather than learn and document the truth and thereby improve our materials and services for the benefit of everyone.
2.5 Want a more comfortable cage as a slave than true freedom.
2.6 Want to avoid the social responsibility that goes with knowing the truth.
Therefore, BEFORE utilizing either our Member Forums or our Contact Us to obtain help or ask questions of us [and thereby disturb our EQUAL right to be left alone], please at least do the following to find the answer to your question or problem.
- Download, print, and read the entire Path to Freedom, Form #09.015. This is MANDATORY for all members per our Member Agreement. Our Copyright License Agreement requires that:
1.1 Anyone can obtain our materials.
1.2 Only those who consent unconditionally to the Member Agreement can become members or read or download our materials.
1.3 Those who wish to USE our tax materials or services to interact with third parties in the government, legal profession, or courts must complete the process found in Section 2 of the Path to Freedom..
- If your question relates to using materials you obtained through our Ministry Bookstore, please visit the Support Page and look at help available on specific subjects.
- If your question relates to how to find something on the website our how to use the website, then please consult the extensive video training materials on our Support Page:
SEDM Support Page
- Search our FAQs Page for the answer to the question, which has probably already been asked and answered previously.
- Search our FAQs section of our Member Forums.
- Search our Member Forums for the answer to the question, which has probably already been asked and answered previously. You will need to sign up for an account in the upper right corner to post questions.
- Go to our Search Page and click on Subject Index for information about the topic you are interested in.
- If you are faced with a specific situation that you have questions about, go to our Search Page and click on Situational Index. This page arranges information on this page by situation.
- If you have questions about a particular subject area, you should go to Section 1.5 of the Forms/Pubs page, download the relevant Memorandum of Law, and read it as a starting point for investigating the subject matter.
- If you have questions about how to respond to a tax collection notice, go to one of the following pages:
10.1 Federal Response Letters
10.2 State Response Letters
- Visit our Ministry Bookstore and look at books we offer that may address your issue. If there is such a book, please obtain and read it before posting your question in the Member Forums. We don’t enjoy rewriting or reinventing solutions in our forums that already exist in books available through our Ministry Bookstore. If your question is already answered in one of our books, our forum moderators will tell you to get the book instead of cluttering our forums with answers that already appear in existing materials. Don’t be so cheap as to force us to waste time rewriting our books in the Member Forums. We have better things to do than entertain Ebanezer Scrooge and help him pinch pennies. The workman is worthy of his/her hire.
- If none of the above resources answer your question, then and only then should you contact us with your question. We prefer that you post your question to our Member Forums and NOT our Contact Us Page.
12.1 You must consent unconditionally to our Member Agreement before you can join the Member Forums to post your question.
12.2 The reason we insist that you post your question to the Member Forums instead of to our Contact Us Page is because we want everyone to benefit from the answer, and not just you. Otherwise, we will have to keep reanswering the same question over and over again, thus wasting our valuable time. If the answer appears in the Member Forums or the FAQs, everyone can read it and therefore will not need to ask the question again.
12.3 By posting to the Member Forums rather than the Contact Us Page, you are more likely to get a diversity of answers instead of our own view of things. This facilitates more thorough peer review instead of only our view of things.
12.4 The Contact Us Page is reserved primarily for contact relating to personal issues that would be inappropriate to talk about in a public venue, such as Member Subscriptions.
We meet people half way. We don’t play nanny or parent or an uncompensated paralegal slave for them. We also don’t reward them for being too lazy or irresponsible to at least TRY to solve their own problems before they burden others for help.
The reason things are so screwed up in our country is because laziness, irresponsibility, and a prideful and malicious sense of “entitlement” have become the norm.
“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
These evils are what cause many Americans to abuse their right to vote and serve on jury duty to empower evil rulers who institutionalize government theft that subsidizes and rewards their idleness and irresponsibility. We don’t need more of the same within our ministry.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. If you don’t exercise your mandatory due diligence BEFORE asking questions or before commenting on our approach, you are guaranteed to piss us off and represent yourself not only as a person who is not sovereign, but who is lazy, irresponsible, and presumptuous and not deserving of our help.
“He who answers a matter before he hears it,
It is folly and shame to him.”
[Prov. 18:13, Bible, NKJV]
One of the main goals of this ministry is to seek “justice” as legally defined. “Justice”, in turn, is legally defined as “the right to be left alone”. It is hypocritical for YOU to seek justice in your OWN case and yet to NOT leave US alone to the maximum extent possible while attaining it for YOURSELF. Likewise, when you do contact us and violate our right to be left alone, you should feel obligated to offer something of value in return to compensate us for the use of our time, which is property that has value. That is the only way that those who are truly “sovereign” can justly interact with each other and respect each other’s equal rights.
PAULSEN, ETHICS (Thilly’s translation), chap. 9.
Justice, as a moral habit, is that tendency of the will and mode of conduct which refrains from disturbing the lives and interests of others [INCLUDING us], and, as far as possible, hinders such interference on the part of others. This virtue springs from the individual’s respect for his fellows as ends in themselves and as his co equals. The different spheres of interests may be roughly classified as follows: body and life; the family, or the extended individual life; property, or the totality of the instruments of action; honor, or the ideal existence; and finally freedom, or the possibility of fashioning one’s life as an end in itself. The law defends these different spheres, thus giving rise to a corresponding number of spheres of rights, each being protected by a prohibition. . . . To violate the rights, to interfere with the interests of others, is injustice. All injustice is ultimately directed against the life of the neighbor; it is an open avowal that the latter is not an end in itself, having the same value as the individual’s own life. The general formula of the duty of justice may therefore be stated as follows: Do no wrong yourself, and permit no wrong to be done, so far as lies in your power; or, expressed positively: Respect and protect the right.
[Readings on the History and System of Common Law, Second Edition, 1925, Roscoe Pound, p. 2]
“The makers of our Constitution undertook to secure conditions favorable to the pursuit of happiness. They recognized the significance of man’s spiritual nature, of his feelings and of his intellect. They knew that only a part of the pain, pleasure and satisfactions of life are to be found in material things. They sought to protect Americans in their beliefs, their thoughts, their emotions and their sensations. They conferred, as against the Government, the right to be let alone – the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men.”
[Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438, 478 (1928) (Brandeis, J., dissenting); see also Washington v. Harper, 494 U.S. 210 (1990)]
“Justice [the RIGHT to be LEFT ALONE by EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE GOVERNMENT] is the end of government. It is the end of civil society. It ever has been, and ever will be pursued, until it be obtained, or until liberty be lost in the pursuit.”
[The Federalist No. 51 (1788), James Madison]
“He [God] has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? “
[Micah 6:8, Bible, NKJV]
“The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice.”
[Psa. 37:30, Bible, NKJV]
“Blessed are those who keep justice, and he who does righteousness at all times!”
[Psa. 106:3, Bible, NKJV]
There is therefore an inverse relationship between the amount of work you expend to answer your own question or issue BEFORE contacting us and the amount of offense we have to helping you. The more of your own effort you expend in governing your own life and answering your own questions before contacting us, the more likely we are to not only help you, but respect and admire you.
Our website and ministry is not a dumping ground for all the tasks or problems that people are too lazy to execute or confront on their own. Those who must be spoon fed or force fed every step of the way toward freedom (like the Israelites who grumbled against Moses about leaving the comfort of Pharaoh, which resulted in a DEATH sentence from God in Num. 14:26-28) are lukewarm Christians who should go back to their government cage on the federal plantation and leave us alone. Christ vomits them out of His mouth (Rev. 3:16) and so do we. The Bible also says such people need AND DESERVE a nanny government.
“Turn at my [God’s] rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.
Because I have called and you refused,
I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,
Because you disdained all my counsel,
And would have none of my rebuke,
I [God] also will laugh at your calamity;
I [God] will mock when your terror comes,
When your terror comes like a storm,
And your destruction comes like a whirlwind,
When distress and anguish come upon you.
Then they will call on me [God, or even God’s servants such as us], but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently [going to SEDM], but they will not find me.
Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the LORD,
They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.
Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way,
And be filled to the full with their own fancies.
For the turning away of the simple will slay them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them;
But whoever listens to me [and KEEPS my commandments per John 14] will dwell safely,
And will be secure [protected], without fear of evil.”
[Prov. 1:23-33, Bible, NKJV]
Remember: The purpose of this website is for YOU to learn and enforce the law, and NOT for:
- Us to become an “expert” who you rely upon to avoid learning the law. An “ex” is a has been and a “spert” is a drip under pressure.
- Us to make a profitable business (like the hypocritical Pharisee lawyers in what Mark Twain calls “The District of Criminals”) out of offering an “insurance” franchise (or what the bible calls “surety”) to people who are too lazy or irresponsible to either learn the law or confront their own problems.
- Us to become an uncompensated slave to people who are too lazy to do their own homework. Our time and labor, like any right, is property that has value. Anyone who uses it without equal consideration and express consent is stealing. All the hypocritical guilt trips in the world about how WE should fight other people’s battles for them without compensation as a “Christian duty” doesn’t change the nature of this basic equation.
The only way you are going to learn the law, in turn, is by having an incentive and reason to study it in order to solve a problem that matters to you personally. The only thing we do by solving problems for you rather than you solving them yourself is to undermine the very purpose of this website.
We care as much about your MOTIVE for pursuing freedom as we care about HOW or WHETHER you pursue it. Like Jesus, we care more about your heart than about the law and the facts. Those who:
- Want insurance or guarantees.
- Seek prosperity or are only pursuing our services or information for personal benefit to them or for commercial benefit. These people are sometimes called “pay-triots for profit”. If they are a church, we call them “non-prophet churches” preaching the “prosperity gospel”.
- Think they are entitled to that which they did not earn with their own labor.
- Seek to be legally unequal to every other American in the eyes of the civil law, or to receive “benefits”, special favors, or “privileges” (franchises) from the government. See the video below:
Foundations of Freedom, Video 1: Introduction, Form #12.021
- Seek emotional counseling. We aren’t a counseling website, but a law enforcement site. Our forums are structured as a mock court that can discuss facts and law ONLY, and not as a source of free therapy. There is no end of people who lack confidence in themselves and who will deny any and every opportunity to take responsibility for themselves. We would therefore not have a life and would get NOTHING else done if we did this. Click here for the ONLY interchange on this site which talks about such subjects. We will NOT entertain further questions on this subject.
- Think being “entertained” with eye candy is more important than shutting off the stinking TV and taking it to the dump and using the time it frees up to READ THE LAW for themselves.
“Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes [law],
And I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
And not to covetousness.
Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things [TV],
And revive me in Your way.
Establish Your word to Your servant,
Who is devoted to fearing You.
Turn away my reproach [the corrupted de facto government] which I dread,
For Your judgments are good.
Behold, I long for Your precepts;
Revive me in Your righteousness.”
[Psalm 119:33-40, Bible, NKJV]
. . .don’t belong here and will ultimately discredit themselves and the freedom community generally. You can only deserve what you are willing to give and earn. If you SOW indifference, irresponsibility, and lack of commitment on your part, you can and most assuredly will REAP it and deserve it from us. That is the Golden Rule spoken of by Jesus: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Click on the link below for a sermon on the Golden Rule, which you can also listen to on our Sermons Page, Section 7.11:
Payday is Coming 2, January 2, 2013, Joyce Meyer (OFFSITE LINK)
Anything worth having is worth earning, and we will make sure you earn it if you expect our help. This is NOT “unchristian” or satanic, but simply God’s own stated approach to freedom in the Bible. This concept also happens to be the foundation of the concept of equal protection and equal treatment under the law.
“The hand of the diligent will rule [be sovereign and govern themselves], But the lazy [or irresponsible] man will be put to forced labor. “
[Prov. 12:24, Bible, NKJV]
“Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, which, having no captain, overseer or ruler, provides her supplies in the summer, and gathers her food in the harvest, how long will you slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep–so shall your poverty come on you like a prowler, and your need like an armed man.”
[Prov. 6:6-11, Bible, NKJV]
You shouldn’t use the SEDM Forums or our Contact Us Page as a dumping ground for problems that you haven’t even BEGUN to attempt to solve and have not expended any effort or research to solve. Sovereigns respect others and don’t burden them unless it is absolutely necessary, and only after they have expended every possible effort to ensure that they don’t burden or injure the EQUAL rights of others. That is what it means to be self-governing and self-supporting and seek “justice” as legally defined. All rights come from responsibilities, and the FIRST responsibility one has is never to injure their neighbor, and that responsibility is owed to God as one of the two Great Commandments.
We sincerely believe that evil, covetous, and tyrannical rulers are God’s chosen punishment for those who refuse to take responsibility for governing and supporting themselves under His law. Who are we to interfere with that sovereign punishment by God Himself and how can we do so without committing mutiny and blasphemy against His holy name?
Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah, and said to him, “Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations [and be OVER them]“.
But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, “Give us a king to judge us.” So Samuel prayed to the Lord. And the Lord said to Samuel, “Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have rejected Me [God], that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt, even to this day—with which they have forsaken Me and served other gods [Kings, in this case]—so they are doing to you also [government becoming idolatry]. Now therefore, heed their voice. However, you shall solemnly forewarn them, and show them the behavior of the king who will reign over them.”
So Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who asked him for a king. And he said, “This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take [STEAL] your sons and appoint them for his own chariots and to be his horsemen, and some will run before his chariots. He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and some to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take [STEAL] your daughters to be perfumers, cooks, and bakers. And he will take [STEAL] the best of your fields, your vineyards, and your olive groves, and give them to his servants. He will take [STEAL] a tenth of your grain and your vintage, and give it to his officers and servants. And he will take [STEAL] your male servants, your female servants, your finest young men, and your donkeys, and put them to his work [as SLAVES]. He will take [STEAL] a tenth of your sheep. And you will be his servants [PUBLIC OFFICER SLAVES/WHORES!]. And you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the LORD will not hear you in that day.”
Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, “No, but we will have a king over us, that we also may be like all the nations, and that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles.”
[1 Sam. 8:4-20, Bible, NKJV]
“The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness’ sake; He will exalt the law [HIS law] and make it honorable. But this is a people robbed and plundered! [by corrupt rulers] All of them are snared in [legal] holes [by the sophistry of greedy corrupt lawyers], and they are hidden in prison houses; they are for prey, and no one delivers; for plunder, and no one says, “Restore!”.
Who among you will give ear to this? Who will listen and hear for the time to come? Who gave Jacob for plunder, and Israel to the [government] robbers? Was it not the Lord, He against whom we have sinned? For they would not walk in His ways, nor were they obedient to His law, therefore He has poured on him the fury of His anger and the strength of battle; it has set him on fire all around, yet he did not know; and it burned him, yet he did not take it to heart.”
[Isaiah 42:21-25, Bible, NKJV]
“Because you [Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived] have done this , and have not kept My covenant and My statutes [violated God’s laws], which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom [and all your sovereignty] away from you and give it to your [public] servant.“
[1 Kings 11:9-13, Bible, NKJV]
For further evidence supporting why we believe that evil rulers are God’s punishment for our sin, see:
- Responding to God According to His Word (Nehemiah 9–10) – John Piper
- Delegation of Authority Order from God to Christians, Form #13.007, Section 5.2.3
- Socialism: The New American Civil Religion, Form #05.016, Section 8.2.3
We believe that OWNERSHIP and RESPONSIBILITY are inseparable and go together at all times. You can’t OWN yourself unless and until you take COMPLETE, EXCLUSIVE, and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for Yourself and all of your choices and actions under the delegated authority of ONLY God’s laws. It is the desire to evade this responsibility that is the cause of ALL of the problems documented on this website AND was the very thing that got Adam and Eve kicked out of the Garden of Eden and alienated from God to begin with. In fact, SATAN and/or his agents is the main and only biblical figure who offered “liability insurance” in the form of a promise of freedom from responsibility for the consequences of sin that God had promised to Adam and Eve. In the bible, when he wants to ALIENATE people from God, he whispers in their ear that God must not be God because they suffered such consequences. See the following blog entry for proof:
|Satanic Exposition, Tim Keller
- The beginning of sovereignty is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The giving of “legal advice” permits, protects, and even encourages the TRANSFER of legal liability to the advice giver. Therefore, we would undermine our mission by the offering of “legal advice”.
- Our Member Agreement, Form #01.001, Section 1.3, Item 9 and Section 3 say members are required to stop believing anything but what the law says. Hence, they cannot rely on what ANY MAN says about their obligations, including us. Asking us to violate this makes you into a member in bad standing.
- Those who provide “legal advice” to violent or terrorist activities can be criminally convicted for providing material support to terrorism. See:
How the Law is Used to Destroy Equality and Protect the Powerful
- “Sovereign citizens”, of which we are NOT, are being connected to violent behavior so that they can be wrongfully associated with BEING “terrorists”. This allows the government to subject them essentially to state-sanctioned terrorism. Imagine the hypocrisy of INSTITUTING state terrorism and using the FALSE allegation of YOU BEING a terrorist as the only means to justify and protect GOVERNMENT terrorism. See
Policy Document: Rebutted False Arguments About Sovereignty, Form #08.018, Sections 5 and 6.2
|NOTE: Please DO NOT contact us with questions about anything on the Family Guardian website. We ARE NOT responsible for anything on that website and are a SEPARATE ministry. We provide links to that site for reference purposes only. You should visit their SEPARATE Member Forums if you have questions or comments about their content.|
Therefore, in all communications with us, any member of the ministry, or any third party about our ministry or the services or information that it offers, the following rules for communication should be observed in asking questions:
- If your question requires legal research, you should do your best to find the answer yourself FIRST before asking the question, and:
1.1 Post your question along with your proposed answer and all the evidence supporting it.
1.2 Thoroughly explain and justify your proposed answer to your own question and invite others to critique and improve it.The reason for the above is to prevent people who are too lazy to do their own research from abusing and STEALING the time and resources of others. Sovereignty BEGINS with taking complete, personal, and exclusive responsibility for yourself to the fullest extent that you are able, and to help others only after they have demonstrated an EQUAL commitment to the subject matter but are at an earlier stage of development in their committed self-progress.
- You should state that you consent unconditionally to all present and future versions of our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 and are a Member in Good Standing.
- You must not ask a question that has already been asked and answered somewhere on this website. Our website contains answers to hundreds of questions that have been previously asked. Please carefully read and/or search these answers before contacting us. We DO NOT enjoy answering the same dumb question over and over for people who are too lazy to look at what has already been done. You can read the answers at:
3.1. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Page
3.2. SEDM Forums: Questions and Answers from Members to Ministry Staff. You must become a member of this separate fellowship before you can post to this forum:
- You must emphasize at the end of your question that you are not asking for legal advice.
- Questions MAY NOT:
5.2 Advance or promote any of the flawed tax arguments appearing in the Flawed Tax Arguments to Avoid, Form #08.004
5.3 Advance or promote any of the flawed legal arguments contained in our forum entitled “Flawed Legal Arguments and Practices to Avoid“.
5.4 Advance or promote any of the flawed legal arguments contained in our Policy Document: Rebutted False Arguments About Sovereignty, Form #08.018.
- If you have several questions (lawyers call this “compound questions”) in unrelated fields or subject areas, do not post them on the Member Forums in a SINGLE topic or thread. Rather, break your questions up into several separate posts filed in the appropriate areas under our forum topics. This will allow us to organize the treatment by non-overlapping subject areas to make it easier to locate for those searching the topics on our site for a quick answer to their specific issue.
- You must ask for law and information that is pertinent to the HYPOTHETICAL and not REAL situation you describe and not to YOUR situation.
- You should seek more than one option in pursuing the course that you want to undertake, with the goal of deciding for yourself based on the best information available, which is the best option. You can share your choice and the reasons for your choice on our forums if you like.
- If you refer to anyone other than us in your question, you have to refer to them as “a human being” or “a hypothetical human being” who is a Member and not a statutory “person”, statutory “U.S. citizen”, statutory “U.S. person”, “inhabitant” (of the federal zone), “taxpayer”, etc.
- You may not ask any ministry officer personally or individually does in a given situation. This would breach our privacy and invite government persecution of the ministry or its officers. That persecution would likely come from public servants whose illegal and/or criminal deeds are exposed by information available through this website.
- You should avoid “words of art” or at least qualify their meaning when you use them. See the following for examples of “words of art”:
11.1. Sovereignty Forms and Instructions Online, Form #10.004: Cites by Topic http://famguardian.org/TaxFreedom/FormsInstr-Cites.htm (OFFSITE LINK)
11.2. Great IRS Hoax, Form #11.302, Section 3.9.1:
- You should avoid “privileged” words. See:
Sovereignty Forms and Instructions Online, Form #10.004, Instructions, Step 2.6:
http://famguardian.org/TaxFreedom/Instructions/2.6WatchLanguageWithGovt.htm (OFFSITE LINK)
- You should avoid all the following language in your question, all of which create the impression that you are seeking legal advice:
13.1. You should not ask us to approve, sanction, or condone your choice. You can inform us of your choice and the consequences of your choice, but you should not expect us to approve of or condone it.
13.2. You aren’t allowed to personalize questions, refer to “I”, or “me” or “my” in your question. Instead, use the phrase “a hypothetical sovereign” in place of these words. The only pronoun you can use is “you” and be referring to us.
13.3. You cannot use the words “should” or “must” in a question. That would constitute advice. Instead, you have to use the word “may” or “might”.
13.4. You should not ask us for our “opinion” on any subject. We don’t share “opinions” when responding to legal questions. The only thing we will talk about or want to talk about, both in person and in the forums, is WHAT THE LAW ACTUALLY SAYS about the subject you are discussing, whether the interested party is the proper subject of that law, and what kind of law it is: Private/special law or public law.
- You should not base your criteria for acceptance of any proposition based on OPINIONS of third parties. The only thing you should post in the forums or provide as a basis for belief is evidence that satisfies the court rules of evidence for the forum in question. Don’t cite what your family member or friend says or even what your attorney or cpa or bank says. WE DON’T CARE about OPINIONS of third parties, including anyone in the government or the IRS or even the legal profession about a given subject. This is what the courts call “political speech” and it is NOT evidence. The reason WE DON’T CARE about opinions of third parties is because they are not admissible as evidence in any legal proceeding in a REAL, CONSTITUTIONAL (non-franchise) court, and we ONLY make decisions based on what constitutes legally admissible evidence on the subject matter under the Rules of Evidence. Rather, please keep your discussion focused ONLY on WHAT THE LAW says or what a court says BASED ON EVIDENCE in the jurisdiction one is referring to. The reasons are:
14.1. True constitutional courts cannot entertain “political questions”. An example of a “political question” is one involving a religious belief or an “opinion”, even from an expert. Under Federal Rule of Evidence 610, religious beliefs or opinions are not admissible as evidence. See:
Political Jurisdiction, Form #05.004
14.2. The U.S. Supreme Court has declared that “we are a government of laws, and not men” (Marbury v. Madison). Hence, the OPINIONS of men are irrelevant and ONLY what the law actually says is relevant when interpreted using the STRICT rules of statutory construction and interpretation. Even the law itself can be irrelevant if it is a private law franchise and it is being cited against someone who is NOT the subject of the franchise. See:
Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability, Form #05.007
14.3. The only “courts” that can act in a political capacity are administrative franchise courts in the Executive and not Judicial branch who are arbitrating disputes INSIDE the government EXCLUSIVELY among fellow public officers. PRIVATE parties not consensually engaged in franchises are committing a crime of impersonating a public officer in violation of 18 U.S.C. §912 to enter into franchise courts. Franchise courts include family court, traffic court, and tax court. Members are NOT allowed to participate in government franchises and therefore are NOT allowed to employ such “pseudo courts” in any dispute against a government officer or to quote or use the rulings of such “pseudo courts” in their defense.
- You should not ask any questions of the following nature:
15.1. What’s the “best” way to________. “best” is subjective and depends on what your goals are.
15.2. What “works” [or works best] to do___________. “works” is a subjective.
15.3. What is the most “successful” way to__________. Instead, ask for options to accomplish a task and you decide what is best. The word “successful” is subjective.
The best way to rephrase questions is to use the following form:
“What are some options that you would investigate if you were in the hypothetical situation described, which is not my situation?”
We emphasize the constraints in the previous section in our Member Agreement, Form #01.001. Below is a sample question format:
I am a consenting Member in good standing who is following the Path to Freedom, Form #09.015 and has completed up to step 14 of section 2 of that document. I will not use SEDM materials or services in connection with a tax liability for any tax year in which I was not in full compliance with the Member Agreement or which occurred before I completed the steps in section 2 of the Path to Freedom.
I have already exhausted all options for obtaining an answer by following the Guide to Asking Questions, Form #09.017, section 2. I am approaching you as a last resort to obtain an answer that I cannot find anywhere else.
I do not seek legal advice and I will not interpret your response as legal advice. Rather, I seek education and corroborating information useful in making my own educated choices.
This question relates to and helps me and not a relative or third party, since you only help Basic Members or Member Subscribers.
Since I am asking a tax question, I have signed up for Member Subscriptions using order number _______________ as of ________(date).
My question(s) relate to the following hypothetical situations:
Let us give you a few examples of questions you can fill in starting at number 1 above: The forbidden “advice” words are in red and the statement on the right removes them.
Table 1: Examples of How to Ask Questions
|#||Wrong way to ask the question||Right way to ask the question.||Reason|
|1||What should I do?||1. What would you do if you were in the hypothetical situation I just described and you wanted to act consistent with the member agreement?2. What law and other information might be pertinent to a hypothetical person in the situation I just described?3. What options are available to those facing hypothetical situation described and what are the pros and cons of each? I’d like multiple options and I will choose the best option based on my own criteria.||You can’t personalize your questions because then the answers become legal advice. You can’t use “should” or “must”, nor can you use pronouns like “I”, “Me”, “My”, etc.|
|2||I am going to. . .||This hypothetical person might do. . .||You can’t personalize your questions because then the answers become legal advice.|
|3||The IRS told my employer. . .||What if the IRS told a private, non-statutory employer that is NOT mine. . .||Only “public officers” have “employers”. You can’t be a Member and also be a “public officer”. See Federal and State Tax Withholding Options for Private Employers, Form #09.001|
|4||Is there anything else I should do?||Is there anything that a compliant member in the situation I described can study on this website that might help them?||You need information to study, not advice. We aren’t an insurance company and we can’t act as your parent or legal representative. The most we can do is point you to law and other information that might be helpful and relevant, but we can’t advise or insure or indemnify you against your own mistakes.|
|5||Why should I trust or believe what you say or that it is factual or truthful?||What law is consistent with what you just said and supports the position you are taking? Where and how can I find that source of law so I can read the evidence for myself?||The only reasonable basis for believing ANYTHING on this website is your own reading of the law, and not anything we or anyone else says, including government employees or publications.|
|6||1. How many people have been successful using this technique?2. Will that “work”?||Is what you just described completely consistent with what the law says? Where does the law say that? Why doesn’t the IRS follow the law on this subject?||“Success” and “work” are very subjective words and everyone has a different definition. We aren’t allowed to share personal information about other members and we don’t compile statistics on the success of the techniques and laws described on this website because each person has a different definition of success. We aren’t an insurance company. All we can do is show you the law that is pertinent to help you live within its limitations, or to explain why that law is pertinent to a certain circumstance.|
You are much more likely to get help from us or others if you offer something of equal value in return. That thing of value can take many forms and helps remind others that you care about them, and that you respect and want to protect their equality, dignity, and self-ownership. You can only deserve help if you are willing to give it and have given it in the past. Likewise, there is no end of people who want to overutilize our services because we are a nonprofit ministry and they think everything is free. We have grown weary and might have to disestablish this website because there are so few people who offer anything in return for the services or information they demand. In some cases people even try guilt trips to make us feel guilty for not helping them, even though they refuse to follow their own advice and equal obligation to help us. That kind of guilt mafia is just as bad as the corrupt practices of the present government. A sense of entitlement, in fact, is the foundation of socialism itself and is the main reason why governments have become corrupt and grown so large: to redistribute the wealth that OTHERs think they are entitled to without trying to earn it.
Yes, sovereigns can and should help each other, but they should do so with the idea of never being a burden to others and of offering something of EQUAL value in return. That is called “symbiosis” in nature, and it is the only way to reinforce and protect the notion that we are all equal, in fact. It is also the foundation of the idea of justice itself, which is the right to be “left alone”. When you ask for help from others, you disturb their right to be left alone and should feel a corresponding obligation to compensate them in some way for disturbing that absolute right.
If you want to offer others things of value to encourage other members and us to help you and thereby increase the likelihood of getting help, we suggest the following approach:
- Hang out in our Member Forums and offer free help to others, just like you demand from them. That is a great way to learn. Lawyers MUST do it before they can “practice law” and it’s called “clerking”. In effect, they offer pro bono legal help as interns and “paralegals”.
- Contribute your list of errata of errors you have found in our materials to our Member Forums, Forum 9.4. This will tell us that you are reading and learning our materials, and care about their accuracy and quality, and want to prevent others from being victimized by any errors.
- Obtain the book that addresses your issue in our Member Bookstore and read it before posting questions in our Member Forums. This will prevent us from having to rewrite the book many times over in the forums. For instance, if your question pertains to right to travel, get our Defending Your Right to Travel Book, Form #06.010 from the bookstore and read it. Then only post questions to the Member Forums about subjects that are NOT covered in the book.
- Make a donation to our Donate page. This will help us improve our site and feed our face so we can be here to help you.
- Become a Member Subscriber if you need more than trivial help. This will incentivize us to provide non-trivial, ongoing, quality support for your problems.
- Send us your research through our Contact Us page or post it in the Member Forums as an attachment. This will save us the work of having to create new content to post on our website. We will review it, make needed corrections, and post it so others can reuse it. This is a team effort, not a dictatorship!
- Read our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 before interacting in the Contact Us page or the Member Forums and conform your communications with our policies. Don’t come in like a bull in a china shop who doesn’t give a damn about us or our rules, and beat your chest and demand free help regardless of the needs of others. Don’t ask for “advice” because we can’t and won’t give it. Loose lips sink ships.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. My own line of reasoning is to myself as straight and clear as a ray of light. ”
[Thomas Paine, The American Crisis; SOURCE: http://www.famguardian.org/PublishedAuthors/Indiv/PaineThomas/TheAmericanCrisis_files/TheAmericanCrisis.htm]
“All truths pass through 3 stages: 1. First it is ridiculed; 2. Second it is violently opposed; 3. Third it is accepted as self-evident. 97% of people WAIT [as SPECTATORS] until the ‘truth’ has become self-evident to either believe it or to ACT upon it. Freedom is NOT a spectator sport and we don’t talk to or certainly help spectators because we don’t want to protect or reward COWARDS.”
[SEDM; Click here for source]
People who are contacting us for any of the following purposes are NOT the subject of this section:
- Bring copyright violations on this site or the Family Guardian sister site to our attention.
- Contact us for an interview as a member of the media.
- Bring errata in our materials to our attention.
- Ask questions about our ministry.
- Ask about whether you qualify for membership or the obligations or “benefits” of membership.
I am not yet a member. I’m trying to learn more about sovereignty to see if its right for me. I have had so many people tell me so many different things and all the different sites doesn’t help either. Trying to understand but its like no one is willing to talk to you without the right credentials.
Welcome. The reason you are having so much trouble is because you are relying on men rather than reading the law for yourself. By “law” we mean the Bible or that which is “positive law” and therefore legal evidence of an obligation for those who are demonstrably “subject”. You have become a slave to public opinion and political correctness and will never liberate yourself and your mind unless and until you quit listening to others and read the law for yourself.
Since you are confused or reluctant about how our information and services compare with others, please consult the following, which contains hundreds of pages of resources comparing our offerings with that of others and pointing out inaccurate positions of others:
“He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.”
[Luke 12:30, Bible, NKJV]
“So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.”
[Rev. 3:16, Bible, NKJV]
Talk is cheap and people who make decisions based on talk, what anyone says, or what THEY think or believe rather than exclusively reading God’s law and man’s law for themselves always end up in trouble.
“Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man [we are a man], and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.”
[Jeremiah 17:5, Bible, KJV]
“It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in princes [or political rulers, who are but “men”].”
[Psalm 118:8-9, Bible, NKJV]
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding [because YOU are a “man”]. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He [RATHER THAN THE winds of political opinion] shall direct your paths. ”
[Prov. 3:5, Bible, NKJV]
All you prove by insisting on someone to talk to rather than reading the law for yourself and reaching your own conclusions INDEPENDENTLY and then becoming a member is that:
- You want the “benefits” of knowledge without any of the risks or liabilities. In short: You want something for nothing, which is the foundation of SOCIALISM. Recall that Babylon the Great Harlot is a THIEF (Rev. 18:6), and everyone who wants or expects something for nothing is a THIEF.
“Araunah said to David, ‘Let my lord the king take whatever he wishes and offer it up. Here are oxen for the burnt offering, and here are threshing sledges and ox yokes for the wood. Your Majesty, Araunah gives all this to the king.” Araunah also said to him, ‘May the Lord your God accept you.’
But the king replied to Araunah, ‘No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.’ ”
[1 Sam. 24:22-24, Bible, NIV]
Our way of stating the above is: “Give the LORD what is RIGHT, not what is LEFT.”
- You do not want to read or learn the law.
- You want your prayers and even your faith to be an abomination to the Lord:
- You don’t trust your own judgment in reading the law. Instead you believe the LIES that a government employee called a “teacher” told you in the public fool academy that you need to be told what to do and can’t govern your own life.
- You can’t or won’t govern your own life by reading the law. Therefore, you are doomed to be a slave to the whims of others for the rest of your life.
“We of this mighty western Republic have to grapple with the dangers that spring from popular self-government tried on a scale incomparably vaster than ever before in the history of mankind, and from an abounding material prosperity greater also than anything which the world has hitherto seen.
As regards the first set of dangers, it behooves us to remember that men can never escape being governed. Either they must govern themselves or they must submit to being governed by others. If from lawlessness or fickleness, from folly or self-indulgence, they refuse to govern themselves then most assuredly in the end they will have to be governed from the outside. They can prevent the need of government from without only by showing they possess the power of government from within. A sovereign cannot make excuses for his failures; a sovereign must accept the responsibility for the exercise of power that inheres in him; and where, as is true in our Republic, the people are sovereign, then the people must show a sober understanding and a sane and steadfast purpose if they are to preserve that orderly liberty upon which as a foundation every republic must rest.”
[President Theodore Roosevelt; Opening of the Jamestown Exposition; Norfolk, VA, April 26, 1907]
- You want to be a bad citizen. The courts have consistently held that every citizen is supposed to know the law. The implication is that those who DON’T know the law themselves are bad citizens. We can’t and won’t help you become a bad or irresponsible citizen.
“Every man is supposed to know the law. A party who makes a contract with an officer without having it reduced to writing is knowingly accessory to a violation of duty on his part. Such a party aids in the violation of the law.”
[Clark v. United States, 95 U.S. 539 (1877)]
“All persons in the United States are chargeable with knowledge of the Statutes-at-Large…. t is well established that anyone who deals with the government assumes the risk that the agent acting in the government’s behalf has exceeded the bounds of his authority,”
[Bollow v. Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, 650 F.2d 1093 (9th Cir. 1981)]
- You either don’t want or aren’t qualified for a REPUBLIC that the U.S. Supreme court describes as “a government of laws and not men” (see Marbury v. Madison).
“The government of the United States has been emphatically termed a government of laws, and not of men. It will certainly cease to deserve this high appellation, if the laws furnish no remedy for the violation of a vested legal right.”
[Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)]
In confirmation of the above, look at the statue outside the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington, D.C.
We can educate and help you personally ONLY AFTER you become a party to a covenant with us as a Member, but we can’t give you “advice” because you are the sovereign and we will NEVER interfere with that sovereignty by becoming an expert, giving you a “sales pitch” or trying to convince you of anything other than to read the law and BELIEVE and act on what you read for yourself. You will never be free until you step out in FAITH towards God and agree to be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for your own education, decisions, and actions and to blame NO ONE, including us, for any of them.
The Unlimited Liability Universe, Family Guardian Fellowship
You only have two choices: BRAVERY….or LIFETIME SLAVERY. Which will you choose? The free materials on this site are more than adequate to make your own independent and informed decision about becoming a member. The problem is not a shortage of information or even education, but of commitment, will, faith in God, and confidence on your part. No amount of talking with us will solve that problem.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget ye were our countrymen.”
You can do it! We know you can. You just have to CARE enough to do it.
Lastly, by taking the stand in this section, we do not intend to force you into a commercial relationship with us, because Basic Membership is and always has been absolutely free. Our main goal is to:
- Protect our materials and credibility from injury or abuse.
- Promote efficiency in allocating our limited resources and services to the largest possible audience of the most deserving people.
- Prevent rewarding people for being lazy or irresponsible or avoiding ALL risk. Only those who risk can truly be free.
- Avoid people who selfishly place their own needs or desires higher than their obedience or allegiance to God and His laws. Only those who are exercising God’s delegated authority can be truly sovereign, because God is the ONLY sovereign in the universe. We (believers) all work for Him under His delegation of authority order, the Bible. Anyone who thinks THEY are the “sovereign” apart from God is a fool and a man worshipper who we want no part of, and is emulating Satan himself in wanting to be “like a God”.
Our time and our services are in high demand but we are heavily under-resourced and staffed. We are more in need of Activism Leaders and helpers than in more work and problems to solve. Please be considerate in adding to an already overwhelming work and research burden.
We aren’t the only ones who either can answer questions or who want to help people. Ideally, you should either start or consult your own local freedom and law study group and help and encourage each other through that group. This is the preferred method and we prefer that you use this method instead. We are only here as a last resort. Consult the following resources to either start or locate your own Activism Group:
- Consult our Clickable Activism Map on the opening page and locate your region. The region will least leaders in your area, if any, who can be contacted to get you connected to their group.
- If you don’t find anyone in your area in the previous step, you can be the first person to start your own Activism Group in your county or state using the following resource:
SEDM Activism Leader Guide, Form #16.001
If you want to help others with their problems as a volunteer to help reduce our already overwhelming workload, please let us know so that we can build a registry of Members we can do referrals to who can help in specific areas. Alternatively, you can just dedicate a set amount of time helping people in our Member forums. The more help you give to others, the more likely you are to earn and deserve our help when we are able to help. Activism Leaders, volunteers, and active contributing members always get priority over those who only want to take, when it comes to getting our help.
See the following authorities on this site for the reason for these constraints upon the methodology for asking questions, and a duplication of what appears here for wider dissemination:
- Path to Freedom, Form #09.015, Section 15.
- SEDM Member Agreement, Form #01.001, Section 1.2.